The Mercedes benz F800 Style Concept is a combination of green-car technology and stylish-sporty design. This car was previewed at the 2010 Detroit Motor Show.
Mercedes-Benz F800 Style vehicle shows the future of high segment automobiles from a new perspective, the five-seat premium sedan showcases luxury drive platform which allows to use two alternative drive systems — a Plug-in Hybrid or a fuel cell, this shows the company’s commitment to environment and its mission to develop environment friendly products for the future generations.
The 4.8 meters long sedan powered by a V6 direct injection gasoline engine with an output of approximately 220 kW (300 hp) combined with a hybrid module with an output of about 80 kW (109 hp) so that it can deliver a total power of around 300 kW (400 hp). The battery is lithium-ion, has a storage capacity of >10 kWh. It can be recharged at household power socket or even at a charging station. Acceleration is from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.8 seconds, and has a fuel consumption of 2.9 liters of petrol per 100 km. Emits a top speed of 120 km/h when in pure electric mode.
The F800 exterior appearance is characterized by long wheelbase, translucent roof line which is divided into several segments and a wide radiator grille. The headlights are powered by LED’s; it emphasizes the dynamic nature of the research vehicle. The headlights are divided into individual segments for daytime running lights, turn signal indicators, and primary headlights.
- The interior of the car has a capacity to accommodate five passengers. This interior was created at the Mercedes-Benz Advanced Design Studio in Como, Italy. The F800 has a style which is marked by wooden surfaces and a sense of lightness which makes it possible through translucent roofs. There are no B-pillars, which helps in making the entire space completely accessible between the A and C pillars.
- Rear pivot-and-slide doors: Rear doors are particularly customer-friendly innovation of the Mercedes-Benz F800 Style Concept Car. The rear doors slide backward when opened, as they are suspended from an interior swivel arm. The front doors are attached to the A-pillar in a conventional manner and are wide open toward the front. Since the doors slide back close to the vehicle body, passengers find it much easier to get into and out of the automobile in packed parking spaces
- Length (mm): 4,738
- Width (mm): 1,938
- Height (mm): 1,445
- Wheelbase (mm): 2,924
- Trunk capacity (l): 440
- Inertia class (kg): 1,700
- Tires: 215/45R20
- Displacement (l): 3.5
- Rated output of gasoline engine (kW/hp): Approx. 220/300
- Rated output of electric motor (kW/hp): Approx. 80/109
- Total output (kW/hp): Approx. 300/409
- Acceleration 0–100 km/h (sec): 4.8
- Maximum speed (km/h): 250*
- Electric maximum speed (km/h): 120 (Electronically limited)
- Fuel economy (liters/100 km): 2.9**
- Electric range (km): 30
- Total range (km): Approx. 700
- CO2 emissions (g/km): 68
- Emissions rating: EU 6
- Energy content of lithium-ion battery (kWh): >10
Fuel cell drive
- Rated output (kW/hp): Approx. 100/136
- Rated torque (Nm): Approx. 290
- Acceleration 0–100 km/h (sec): 11
- Maximum speed (km/h): 180 (Electronically limited)
- Hydrogen consumption : (kg/100 km) 0.9**
- Total CO2 (g/km min–max): 0
- Range (km) NEDC: Approx. 600
- Energy content of lithium-ion battery (kWh)
- Battery (kWh/kW): 1.4